Through the ASBA, school boards and their employees have access to a health benefits plan, a broad insurance program, a supplemental pension plan for senior staff and a preferred rate for home and auto insurance.
Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan
Alberta School Boards Insurance Exchange
Supplemental Income Pension Plan
Home and Auto Insurance
If you have any questions please contact: , Director, Finance & Administration at 1.780.451.7114.
Created in 1968, the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) provides employment benefits to the education sector. The ASEBP governing board is made up of five people appointed by the Alberta School Boards Association and five people appointed by the Alberta Teachers’ Association.
ASEBP Insurance Board Representatives:
Trustee, Calgary Board of Education
Trustee, Clearview School Division No. 71
Trustee, Grasslands Regional Division No. 6
Trustee, St. Albert PSSD No. 6
Secretary-Treasurer, Foothills School Division No. 38
School Boards Insurance Exchange (ASBIE) is dedicated to providing school boards with value added insurance products through
cooperation in a risk management, loss prevention and insurance program. For more information contact Principal Attorney
ASBIE Insurance Board Representatives:
Trustee, High Prairie School Division No. 48
Trustee, Evergreen CSRD No. 2
Trustee, Northern Lights School Division No. 69
Secretary-Treasurer, St. Paul Education Regional Division No. 1
Secretary Treasurer, Wolf Creek School Division No. 72
Associate Superintendent/Corporate Secretary, Chinook’s Edge SD No. 73
ASBIE offers school boards:
- A program exclusively focused on school boards needs
- An insurance program solely owned and governed by school boards. The governing body consists of three school trustees and three school board officials appointed by ASBA
- An insurance program that does not subsidize ASBA and is not subsidized by ASBA
- Complete transparency in all its operations
- Value added products and services at competitive prices
- Excellent staff. Nieta World of World Consulting manages ASBIE and Lloyd Sadd Insurance, an Alberta company, provides all insurance services. Janice Boiko and Garth Lane, two insurance professionals that ASBA members know well, handle our program for Lloyd Sadd.
The ASBA offers a registered, supplemental pension plan to school boards who want to provide compensation to their senior employees in the form of improved or supplemental pension benefits. See this administrative manual (PDF– 2.57M) for information or contact Director of Finance, at 1.780.451.7114.
SIPP Governance Board
Trustee, Calgary RCSSD No. 1
Superintendent, Westwind School Division No. 74
Trustee, Foothills School Division No. 38
Executive Director, ASBA
The ASBA through a partnership with TD Meloche Monnex is offering a preferred rate on Home and Auto Insurance program to all trustees and employees of school boards who are members of the association.
This program is maintained and administered by TD Meloche Monnex.