Through the ASBA, school boards and their employees have access to a health benefits plan, a broad insurance program, a supplemental pension plan for senior staff and a preferred rate for home and auto insurance. For more information contact Heather Rogers, Chief Officer, Operations at 1.780.451.7114.
Created in 1968, the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) provides employment benefits to the education sector. The ASEBP governing board is made up of five people appointed by the Alberta School Boards Association and five people appointed by the Alberta Teachers’ Association.
ASEBP Insurance Board Representatives
Karen Holloway, Chair
Trustee, Clearview Public Schools
Secretary-Treasurer, Foothills School Division
Trustee, St. Paul Education Regional Division
Trustee, St. Albert Public Schools
Chief Officer, Association Business, ASBA
The Alberta School Boards Insurance Exchange (ASBIE) is dedicated to providing school boards with value added insurance products through cooperation in a risk management, loss prevention and insurance program. For more information contact Nieta World, Principal Attorney at 1.780.887.2421.
ASBIE Insurance Board Representatives
Trustee, Evergreen Catholic Schools
Trustee, Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools
Trustee, Parkland School Division
Secretary Treasurer, Wolf Creek Public Schools
Secretary Treasurer, St. Thomas Aquinas RCS Regional Division
Secretary-Treasurer, Peace Wapiti School Division
ASBIE offers school boards
- A program exclusively focused on school boards’ needs.
- An insurance program solely owned and governed by school boards. The governing body consists of three school trustees and three school board officials appointed by ASBA
- An insurance program that does not subsidize ASBA and is not subsidized by ASBA.
- Complete transparency in all its operations.
- Value added products and services at competitive prices.
- Excellent staff – Nieta World, President of World Consulting Services along with Janice Boiko, Principal and Garth Lane, Principal, Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers Ltd. provide all insurance services.
Home and auto insurance for trustees and school board employees
The ASBA through a partnership with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex offers a preferred rate on Home and Auto Insurance to all trustees and employees of school boards who are members of the Association. Get your free quote today by calling 1.866.366.6668 or clicking Home Insurance and Auto Insurance. This program is maintained and administered by TD Insurance Meloche Monnex.