Through the ASBA, school boards and their employees have access to a health benefits plan, a broad insurance program, a supplemental pension plan for senior staff and a preferred rate for home and auto insurance. If you have any questions please contact: Heather Rogers, Director, Finance & Administration at 1.780.451.7114.
Created in 1968, the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) provides employment benefits to the education sector. The ASEBP governing board is made up of five people appointed by the Alberta School Boards Association and five people appointed by the Alberta Teachers’ Association.
ASEBP Insurance Board Representatives
Karen Holloway, Chair
Trustee, Clearview Public Schools
Director, Governance & Corporate Services, Alberta School Boards Association
Trustee, St. Albert Public Schools
Trustee, St. Paul Education Regional Division
Secretary-Treasurer, Foothills School Division
The Alberta School Boards Insurance Exchange (ASBIE) is dedicated to providing school boards with value added insurance products through cooperation in a risk management, loss prevention and insurance program. For more information contact Principal Attorney Nieta World at 1.780.887.2421.
ASBIE Insurance Board Representatives
Trustee, Evergreen Catholic Schools
Trustee, Parkland School Division
Trustee, Northern Lights School Division
Secretary-Treasurer, Peace Wapiti School Division
Secretary Treasurer, Wolf Creek Public Schools
Secretary Treasurer, St. Thomas Aquinas RCS Regional Division
ASBIE offers school boards
- A program exclusively focused on school boards’ needs
- An insurance program solely owned and governed by school boards. The governing body consists of three school trustees and three school board officials appointed by ASBA
- An insurance program that does not subsidize ASBA and is not subsidized by ASBA
- Complete transparency in all its operations
- Value added products and services at competitive prices
- Excellent staff. Nieta World of World Consulting manages ASBIE and Lloyd Sadd Insurance, an Alberta company, provides all insurance services. Janice Boiko and Garth Lane, two insurance professionals that ASBA members know well, handle our program for Lloyd Sadd.
Home and auto insurance for trustees and school board employees
The ASBA through a partnership with TD Meloche Monnex is offering a preferred rate on Home and Auto Insurance program to all trustees and employees of school boards who are members of the association.
This program is maintained and administered by TD Meloche Monnex.