Call for Presentations
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
ASBA will host the 2023 Canadian School Boards Association (CSBA) Congress and National Trustee Gathering on Indigenous Education in Banff, Alberta from July 3-5, 2023. School board trustees and Kindergarten to Grade 12 education leaders and policy makers from across the country will gather for the three-day event that will include renowned keynote speakers, timely and relevant learning opportunities, and engaging workshops.
As part of the 2023 CSBA Congress, we are seeking proposals for up to six in-person concurrent sessions, each 75 minutes in length. We invite proposed presentation submissions on topics, including but not limited to:
- Indigenous education
- Land-based learning
- 21st century learning skills
- Student health and wellness
- School board governance
- Inclusive education
- Educational leadership
- Importance of research to policy and practices
- Implications of research on education practice
We welcome various presentations styles, including but not limited to:
- Oral or performance presentations
- Workshops and sessions involving audience participation
- Roundtable, panel, or sharing circles
- Learning on the land
- Showcase or display by poster sessions of research, projects or effective practices
Applications should provide the following information:
- Presentation title
- A brief description of the content/session (up to 250 words)
- Presenter biography (up to 200 words)
- Contact information, including name(s), email (if applicable, include all presenters’ emails), phone number(s) and address(es)
- Presentation format (circle, roundtable, workshop, etc.)
- Equipment required: DVD/TV, flip chart, microphones, other. Note: all rooms will be equipped with a screen, projector and podium microphone
Please note that presentations may be recorded.
Presenters attending the conference must register for the conference separately. Presenters who will only be in attendance for their session, and not attending the entire conference, are not required to register for the conference. Presenters are responsible for their own travel and accommodations.
The selection committee will evaluate submissions based on:
- Relevance of presentation to topic and audience
- Level of interactivity and engagement of presentation
- Clarity and completeness of the presentation proposal
- Quality and research of information
- Key takeaways for the audience
Submissions are due by December 19, 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line: 2023 CSBA Congress Submission
THOSE WITH SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY JANUARY 16, 2023.
For further information, please contact:
Chief Officer, Professional Learning and Events