Backgrounder: Alberta School Boards Association’s Spring General Meeting Professional Development Session
Alberta School Boards Association’s (ASBA) virtual Spring General Meeting (SGM) was hosted on June 7-8, 2021. This two-day event included the Business Session on June 7 and the Professional Development Session on June 8.
June 10, 2021, Edmonton AB
The full-day Professional Development Session featured a number of esteemed speakers, including:
- Keynote Sandra Herbst, who presented “System Alignment for Deep Learning…Even in These Times.”
- Keynote Michael Fullan, who presented “Leading Education: Transformation in Post-Pandemic Times.”
- Speaker Bev Baker-Hofmann, who presented “Supporting the Mental Health of Students and School Staff.”
- Speaker Laurie French, Canadian School Boards Association President, who shared greetings and an update on national advocacy.
- Speaker Alan Campbell, Manitoba School Boards Association President, who presented “Best Practices for Trustees.”
- Speaker Andy Hargreaves, who joined for a virtual book release for his latest book, Five Paths of Student Engagement.
- Keynote John Hattie, who presented “Leaning into the Rebound.”
The event also featured talented performers, including:
- Mireille Moquin, who shared a musical performance.
- Dallas Arcand, who shared a musical performance as well as a traditional hoop dance cultural performance.
- Students Emily Levine and Anna Schmitz, who joined for a musical performance.
Thank you to our event sponsors: Corwin, Jigsaw Learning, Nutanix, Brownlee LLP and McLennan Ross LLP.