Excellence in education celebrated at Alberta School Boards Association’s 2019 Fall General Meeting Awards Ceremony
The Alberta School Boards Association recognized excellent first-year teachers, long serving trustees, and outstanding school boards and citizens who contribute to public education in Alberta yesterday.
November 18, 2019, Edmonton, AB — The Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA) hosted its 2019 Fall General Meeting Awards Ceremony in Edmonton yesterday. Each year, the ASBA recognizes excellent first-year teachers, long serving trustees, outstanding school boards and citizens who contribute to public education in Alberta. These awards offer the opportunity to celebrate outstanding leaders of education in Alberta.
The awards given out this year include the Edwin Parr Teaching Award; the Honourary Life Membership Award; the School Board Innovation and Excellence Award; and, the President’s Award. Each recipient and nominee of these awards lead the betterment of education and establish the conditions for student success.
“On behalf of the ASBA Board of Directors, I am so thankful to be part of the celebration of these exceptional leaders of education. We have some outstanding trustees, teachers, community members, and educational leaders who dedicate relentless energy to give our kids the best education they can get. And that’s what these awards are about. It’s about celebrating these extraordinary individuals.”
–Lorrie Jess, President, ASBA
These awards were hosted by the Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA), in partnership with Xerox Canada (School Board Innovation and Excellence Award).
Award recipients 2019
Edwin Parr Teaching Award
- Zone 1 Recipient – Daniel Bishop, Grande Prairie Public School District
- Zone 2/3 Recipient – Holly Kalma, Fort McMurray Roman Catholic School District
- Zone 2/3 Recipient – Domonic Lodge, Grande Yellowhead Public School Division
- Zone 4 Recipient – Rebecca Clarke, Clearview School Division
- Zone 5 Recipient – Sarah Hawley, Rocky View School Division
- Zone 6 Recipient – Leah Benson, Grasslands Public Schools
Honourary Life Membership Award
- Karen Holloway – served as a trustee on the Clearview School Division board
School Board Innovation and Excellence Award
- Edmonton Catholic Separate School District for “Assistive Technology (AT) and Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Strategic Plan”
- Joe Henderson – served as Secretary-Treasurer of Wolf Creek Public Schools
The Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA) serves Alberta’s 61 locally-elected public, separate, and francophone school boards. For more information visit, asba.ab.ca.
Director of Communications, ASBA