Update on ASBA events and gatherings
As per the Chief Medical Officer’s recommendations, we are postponing registration for all provincial events. Please see the list below for the current status of ASBA provincial/local events.
CURRENT EVENT CHANGES
Unchanged until further notice
- November 15 – 17, 2020: FGM 2020
- Until further notice, FGM is still anticipated to go forward at its regular date and time. This may change as developments unfold.
- May 23, 2020: Honouring Spirit: Indigenous Student Awards 2020
- We are hoping to host the award ceremony and celebrate students in the fall.
- June 1-2, 2020: Provincial Youth Mental Health Summit 2020
- Consideration is being given to holding the Summit in conjunction with FGM 2020.
If you have already booked your hotel reservations and travel plans for the following events, you will need to cancel these.
- June 1-2, 2020: SGM 2020 (in-person meeting cancelled)
- The in-person SGM 2020 Conference is cancelled; we are working on an alternative delivery method for the Business session including the approval of the draft budget 2020.
- ASBA is also looking into further options to support our members in professional learning through virtual presentations.
- July 2-5, 2020: CSBA Annual Congress and National Trustee Gathering on Indigenous Education 2020
- ASBA’s Task Force and Board of Directors will consider potentially hosting this event in the future.
- Edwin Parr Awards 2020
- The deadline for nominations has been extended until Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
- Zones are encouraged to select recipients, but we recommend cancelling any in-person observations and interviews. ASBA is considering a way to celebrate recipients in the fall.